Saturday, January 19, 2008

She shares!

This week Marie learned how to share. Well, she learned that it's lots of fun to share whatever you're eating by putting it in Mommy, Daddy, or Josie's mouth. This was a soggy fruit strip, and a soggy biter biscuit. She thinks it's pretty funny to put the food in our mouths for a change. It was lots of fun playing with her at that.

Marie also got her second synergis (RSV) shot yesterday. No complications, though last night was another horrible one sleep wise. Every half hour she woke and fussed, Luke and I gave her Tylenol every 4 hours... don't know if the shot bugged her or if it could have been something else. At any rate, naps will be mandatory in this house today.

Luke is plugging away, he's been remodeling the bathroom (like we don't have enough going on right?). It's looking good, he's hanging drywall. I can begin to see the finished product, it's going to be really nice.

Josie has been helping him a lot, she follows him, right on his heels most of the time. She has a lot of fun doing things with him. It's so much nicer having him home this winter as opposed to last winter when he was gone all the time hauling sugar beets.

I finally talked to our case worker at Children's Friday. They do not feel another MRI is needed at this time. They want to have our appts with cardiology and GI and opthamology to see if they can locate where Marie's pain is coming from. That's all well and good, but it is 2 weeks off before we have those appointments, if their test results even turn up anything at that time. Marie is still crying inconsolably and going stiff at least once a day, and now I'll have to wait longer before I can find out how to help her. I have a fear that there will be no answers about her pain from cardiology and GI, and then we'll have to wait longer for an MRI and while all of this drags on Marie will still be hurting sometimes. I feel like my hands are tied, I'm at the mercy of their bureaucracy and it pisses me off. I had started this year off with the idea that I should try to be more "zen" about things, they're screwing with my resolutions.

All in all we're good though. We march on, the girls play, Marie smiles and life is as good as it can be. This morning I read my daily devotional, my friend Betty got me a wonderful book of them last year. Now, I am not very good at this. In fact, most day's I don't get around to reading the devotion for the day. I skip whole weeks. This is a good thing though, since at this rate I'll be able to use this devotional book for about 10 years and keep finding new things. Anyway, today's really got me thinking. It is titled "Don't Chase Blessings":

Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man whom You choose and cause to come near, that he may dwell in Your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple. (Psalm 65:4)

The author of the book then explains the passage stating:

"Instead of chasing after blessings, we need to chase after God. If we chase God, He will chase us with blessings. That is why the kingdom of God is sometimes called "the upside-down kingdom". God's economy doesn't work the way we think it would. First is last, and last is first. If we want more, we are to give away some of what we have. To be great in God's kingdom, we must serve the needs of others. And if we want blessings, we must get our mind off them. God knows what we want and what we need. He wants to give us blessings that we haven't even verbally asked for."

Such an interesting idea, I'd never thought of it that way before....

No comments: