Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bad night.

I updated the Caring Bridge with last nights details, in short, it was long and crappy. Marie woke coughing at 12:30, and was struggling. She'd choke, gag, retch and had a hard time getting a breath in between. We called hospice who got the doc on call to call us, and we were reassured we were doing the right thing (keeping her upright etc.).

She was up from 12:30 to about 4, then woke again at 4:30. Luke took her then and I know at 7 she was sleeping in our bed. Hopefully I can get her to take a good nap today, and we can keep the coughing under control. At this point it's not chest congestion, just that nasal drip tickle. I know hospice will check in with us sometime today, and Dr B one of my favorite docs is on call.

Thanks for the continued prayers, you're all wonderful!

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh Shan, I hate that our girls are sick! I wish we lived near each other so we could talk at 2am when we're both awake. My Peanut has the same exact thing right now - nasal drip making her cough and retch. :( I hope that Marie gets some rest today, so you can also!