Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Free

My wonderful friend Christy found this poem the other day, and I think it's perfect for Marie... I think she was meant to find it.  It brought me a huge amount of comfort on a very difficult day last week...  It's amazing to think that only a few weeks have passed... in some ways it's like a lifetime, in other ways it feels like it's only been a moment since Little Mama was here...


I'M FREE
 
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God has chosen for me.
I took His hand when I heard him call;
I turned my back and left it all.
 
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I've now found peace at the close of the day.
 
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joys.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
Oh yes, these things, I too will miss.
 
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
Look for the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
 
Perhaps my time seemed all to brief;
Don't lengthen your pain with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and peace to thee,
God wanted me now-He set me free

AuthorShannon Lee Moseley.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Colleen said...

(((hugs))) Last night I was thinking of you. Yesterday I read a book called Letters to Darcy. It was about a mom who was carrying a baby with trisomy 18. It wasnt the story, but how she told it that made me think of you. You both are so spiritual! Marie was truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

That is so beautiful and perfectly fitting for Marie. The picture and the pictures in the post below made me bawl. I am sorry you didn't get any pictures of Marie and Sarah today, but I know the image will never leave your mind.

You are still in my thoughts Shannon!

Anonymous said...

so glad your friend could find those words! amazing, really, isn't it? to imagine how awesome heaven must be. and then to understand, and realize, that our minds lack the capacity to really even comprehend the entirety of it all. He loves you all so much...lean on Him and His unfailing promises. praying for all of you!

The VW's said...

What a comforting thought! Oh, to be as free as your sweet Marie! I pray that the thought of her being free and with Jesus continues to give you peace and comfort! Thinking and praying for you often! Love and Hugs!!!

Holly said...

Beautiful poem. God reminds us that everything is ok in different ways. This poem is one of them. I love you Shan. Praying of you guys everyday. Little Sarah is beautiful.