Monday, July 19, 2010

The Mondays...

I've got a case of the Mondays... I'm just tired.  Sarah has been up at least three hours a night the last few nights and eventually that catches up to me.  My ability to keep on the positive side isn't the best when I'm worn out... we're on the second week of harvest now as well.  We got rained out last night.  There are worries as they are calling for a wet week ahead.  We know that God will provide but it's hard not be anxious when our income for the year is sitting in the fields.

Every year this happens though, every year there is at least one storm that comes through and wets it all down when we're cutting wheat.  Last year Marie and I watched that storm together from the back of the car on the side of the dirt road eating strawberry yogurt and I had no idea how precious that was.

I also don't have much to say today.  Not much going on other than long, long days.  Me and my little lady's have been home alone a lot and I think they're getting a little grumpy at not having their Daddy much.  No surprise, this too happens every year.

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 1:9 NIV

Since I don't have much, here is my recipe for Harvest Bars.  They're actually chocolate chip cheesecake brownies but I call them harvest bars because this is the only time of the year I'll make them.  They're a  little fattening.

Harvest Bars:

2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 8 oz packages cream cheese
2 16 oz packages chocolate chip cookie dough

Press one package of dough into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.  Mix eggs, vanilla, cream cheese and sugar.  Pour over cookie dough.  Top with second package of cookie dough (mooshed flat in whatever way you can).  Bake at 350 35-45 minuets (but it always seems to take a little longer for the cream cheese layer to set).

Cut up and enjoy, it makes a ton!

Happy Monday!

Photobucket

2 comments:

clarissa said...

having a "monday" here too. tired, not motivated to do much, a little down, etc. should be doing my weekly cleaning today, but just decided not to! did get some laundry done, dishes done, a pork roast with potatoes and carrots in the oven for supper... Joey is busy with work now too and should have a couple months of steady work... kinda hard for him to be gone much (at least he is home in time for supper most nights!)... been kissing on my kids, Abigail especially, so I am thankful for that! :) those bars sound good, but i'm on a diet. ;) i like cheesecake type of things, and chocolate, and brownies. lol. anyway, it did brighten my day to get your package. i LOVE all things raspberry and i like chocolate, so am looking forward to trying the cappuccino! Josiah is having a blast "shooting" the dino bands all over the house! ;) Thanks again! God bless you today and send you His comfort and peace!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe...i made the bars and they were oh, so, tastefully sinful. we will continue to uphold your family in prayer...for a safe and bountiful harvest...for healing rain...for rest...for grace...