Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Favorite picture...

My favorite picture of 2010...  I think it is this one:

Just her... sitting there on 30 year old concrete...  In the sun and wind and the grass green.  Her daydreams that remind me of young.  The things I knew before I knew things.  The watching of ants, the tickle of the tall grass, the whisper of summer winds.  Her hair matching the golden wheat, long blond, soft as gold.  Sun-kissed skin, plastic beads dancing on her wrist.  This is my blessing, my child...  The feel of sun on her back in a quiet moment of reflection...  As it has been a year of reflection, a thinking time, a healing time.  God's love on us like sun's heat on cotton shirts...  Summer day heat, hope, home...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

thats beautiful... the picture and the words!

Michaelene said...

You have such an amazing way with words, Shan. The picture comes to life with your poetry to your beautiful daughter. Thank you for sharing =)