Friday, June 13, 2008

A name, it's official

journey

So, lots of blogs have names. Mine did, I called it Our Girls, because that's what it was about. Our girls, what our life was like. The thing is, I've been feeling like the title didn't suit the content.

The blog used to be just about Our Girls, but its really more about our journey. What our life is like, because I need to share it, I need to vent. I read the verse of the day this morning, and it really struck me.

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? - Romans 10:13-14 NIV

Now, I am far from being a preacher. But, this blog has really become a chronicle of our journey. It is the story of Marie's life, and a defining portion of Luke, Josie and mine. The path we're on is not the one we had charted for ourselves, but then God probably laughed when I told him how it was going to be. What I'm trying to say is, maybe this is the reason for it all. I feel compelled to write, pushed even. Is is possible that God chose me, so that I could share Marie's story, so that I could share my own story of coming to know Him. Its something I feel that it's good to share about, becaue I think a lot of people must be like me. I'm scared, and I'm struggling to know God better. I know I need Him, that He's the one who will carry me through the rough times that are inevitably ahead. I don't preach, but I share, and I hope that others are able to walk this road with me.

I feel as though this is what I am meant to be doing, loving Marie, and sharing her story, our story. And the story is a journey. I don't know where it will take us, but I know the end destination is Home. Home with Jesus, home with our Father. Marie will beat us there, but as Luke and I explain to Josie, it's just because she's faster than we are. God needs her back. We have more work to do here before we get to go. But we're going. We're going Home someday.

So, it's official. I have named this space, it is Our Journey Home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, you are truly an inspriation and I am truly blessed to have known you on your journey. Your posts make my heart smile.

Unknown said...

A beautiful name for you blog. Found your blog while blog jumping. I love your sentence about not the journey you had charted for yourselves as I know this feeling well. I too think God laughed at me when forever I told him how it was going to be!! LOL! These special children touch our lives and the lives of others in such a profound way and with God's perfect love. I know though, that I can trust God to be with me on my journey and help carry me in the difficult times. Thank you for sharing your story and reafirming my trust and faith in God yet one more time! Blessings to your family!

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
We think of you and your family often and pray that God will continue to sustain you through this time. I love the name of your blog! You are so right - you are on a journey that only the Lord is in control of. His strength truly is made perfect in our weakness which is so evident in your story. You are an amazing woman and mother to your children. You are making a huge impact on many lives. We love you!
Holly and David Smigel