Friday, March 19, 2010

We're going....

Right now it looks like tomorrow morning we'll be going across the state, west to my sisters.  This is our first big trip in almost three years...  I am trying very hard to keep my anxiety at being so far from home under control.  Its just the fear of doing something I haven't done for a long time, something that I would never have done when Marie was here.  And the fear of doing things without her... working on it.

It sounds so simple, go to see my sisters... one just had a new baby, her first.  It is not, it is hard.  I have worries about so many things...  it will be okay though.  The snow should blow out and it sounds like roads will be okay, I'll pack what we need, I have DVD's for the car... 

It will be a good trip.  I am just so intimdated by venturing out into the world, I stuck very very close to home for so long with Marie... it's simple here, familiar, I know where everything is...

It will be good to go though, nice to be together, fun for Josie...

Everyone have a good weekend, I will be off being brave!

Photobucket

5 comments:

2awesomekidz said...

You are brave! Have fun, let loose, take deep breaths....I know, easier said than done! Tell your sis congrats! Be safe!
Tami

The VW's said...

Have a fun and safe trip! You CAN do this! Love and Hugs!!!

Michaelene said...

Hoping you have such a wonderful time you'll want to do it every chance you have from here on!! Thinking of you with happy, safe travel ju-jus and prayers. Congratulations on being an auntie!

Holly said...

Be brave and have fun!

clarissa said...

Shannon... read your last post and now this one today... I know just how you feel... about venturing out into the world. We stay away from crowds so much because of Abigail, usually we just run to town on the weekends and hit a drive thru for food, I run in the grocery store to get weekly groceries, Joey sits in the van with the kids... we don't all get out together, go visiting, go far from our closest "big" town (30 min from home)... I get anxiety every time I think about us trying to go to family gatherings, etc. I think about how things will be different when Abigail is gone... we can go places easier, we won't have to worry about her vomiting all over the place... but I don't want it! I'd rather stay home, have Abigail and our kids with us, safe and secure. Anyway... I am rambling, but you probably know what I mean... we did make that roadtrip to SC last May... it wasn't easy, but it was one of the best times we've had since Abigail was born. For those 2 weeks, I felt like we were a "normal" family... we didn't let Mito slow us down. My only regret is that we didn't try harder to make it there to meet you all and sweet Marie!! We thought we should hurry because of Abigail, turns out we broke down in Idaho for 4 days on the way home... sitting in a strange town, waiting for the van to get fixed! Oh well... can't change the past! So, now I've written a book! lol. hugs and prayers sent your way! God bless!