Friday, April 08, 2011

Fingerprint Friday...

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? Click here to join.

In the last week I have made bread.  My hands doing the work that my mother, mother-in-law, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, their mother have done.  Back to the beginning.  It is time consuming but it is good for my soul.  There's something special in the act of making bread, watching it rise, watching that flour and water and yeast become...
And what a blessing things can become.  My third baby, a fireball.  How God uses her to save me over and over again.
My first blessing, her mind opening.  And her Sunday school craft to bless my dining room wall...  It is good.

The second blessing.  What I learned from her.  That being broken is a blessing.  That even while broken I can give thanks.  That God is, and God is good.  And even Jesus, on the night before they jailed him and beat him, and the day before they killed him.  He gave thanks... 




And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it...
Luke 22:19 NIV

Photobucket

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

YOU ARE BLESSED! :)

artsyclay said...

Mmmmmmmm, I can almost smell that bread! Your beautiful girls give/have given you so many blessings. ♥