Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy...

Happy is a place I once thought I would never find again... and yet somehow we're here.

Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.  Jeremiah 31:13 NIV


I look at Josie and Sarah and I see joy in their eyes...  I look at Luke and even though there's that sadness in his eyes I see happiness there too.  Right now I am feeling so incredibly blessed.  Marie is in Heaven and we all miss her so much... but we know where she is, and we'll see her again.  Until then, we have each other.  After the rough road we've traveled I think we appreciate it more...  I hope that we do.





Josie took this photo of me on Saturday.  I look at it and I see myself but in so many ways I see more than I used to be.  I am smiling... for a long time I had lost my smile.  And I look... beautiful.  I've never thought of myself in that way.  Yet in this image, captured through my daughters eyes I see the beauty that she must see.  I am strong enough to carry my children (Eva is under that blanket snuggled up in my pouch sling).  For a long time I felt weak.  I am not so old.  For a long time I felt so old.  Josie sees me this way.  That makes me feel so good.  I see a little of who I used to be in this picture but if I'm honest I like the person I am now.  I've seen joy and sorrow and they've helped me become more than who I was before.  I would not trade either.  Without the sorrow I would have missed out on the joy of Marie... and she was worth the sorrow.  That sorrow also has made me appreciate Josephine, Sarah Kate, and Evangeline all that much more.  God gave me the sorrow.  He trusted me with it and I am humbled.  I am grateful.
My blog has been quiet the last several months.  I didn't know what to say.  Somehow, int he last few weeks I am feeling more whole.  More sure of myself and who I am now.  I hope that I am closer to becoming who God wants me to be.  A wife, a mother, a daughter of The King.  And that is enough.
I want to write more, to share where we are on this journey.  In this healing process.  In this life.  I know others read and I hope that my being transparent would help them in some way...  There are other mothers who read who have lost babies... I hope that somehow my words would give them hope.

Mostly right now I am feeling very grateful.  How great is our Father that He would trust me with these precious babies of His?  That He would give me a partner that would walk beside me the way that Luke does.  That He gave me such good friends to walk with.  Those I have hugged and those I know only through their words but long to hug.  And our church... 

He is turning my mourning  into gladness.  Some days are sadder, some days are happier but on a whole I feel now I am at a place in the trail where I can look back and see the valley I have walked through these last years.  Seeing the valley must mean that I am beginning to rise out of it, right?  I must be gaining ground.  Although sometimes I feel I am slipping it is not all the time.  How great Thou art! 

Thank you Lord for all the blessings, the joys and the sorrows....
Photobucket

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Blessings, joy, sadness. ((hugs)) Love the picture of adorable baby toes.