Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Enter the.... potty!

So, we have officially started potty training. Sunday was our first "real" day of it. I had the packs of training pants ready to go in the closet and I told Josie when her diapers were gone she was going to wear big girl underpants and go in the big girl potty. As if...

Actually she's doing really well. We have yet to go in the potty, but she's cool with pulling down her little pants, and little underpants (I can't call them panties for some reason, it makes them sound so grown up, like you know- teenage girls wear panties! So we're going with underpants which is handy because underpants rhymes well with lots of things)... Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, Josie is very good at sitting on the potty, she was all about flushing it too, until I told her she can only flush if she does something in it.

I think Josie is ready, and I'm cool with this being a long-drawn-out process. I mean, it's not like we have another kid on the way or anything so we may as well take or time. Josie is ready because 1. The minuet she wets or messes her diaper she tells me "Mommy, diaper change". If she can do that I think she can tell me she needs to go, we just have to work on it. 2. She has this new thing about anyone but me changing her diapers. Let's face, it, that's just annoying. Grandma Debbie was here and totally capable of doing it, plus she wanted to, but would Josie let her? Nope. Mommy got to do it instead. 3. She likes to flush and wipe (she's been doing that for awhile) and she knows what the potty is for.
So- we begin our journey!

Yesterday though, Josie decided that she no longer wanted to sit on her little "trainer" potty, she wanted to sit on the big potty like Mommy and Daddy. This is okay, but makes me nervous (I have visions of her dipping her little booty in the water). So we turned her potty into a step stool (luckily I had the fore-thought to buy one that converts) and she sits on the big people potty. It's pretty cute.

Also, since I'm all about rewards (I know, I spoil) she gets a sticker for every successful sit-down on the potty (it was a battle, I needed a prize for good behavior) and she will get a sucker on the event that she ever poo's or peepee's in the potty. Cross your fingers for us!

No comments: