Thursday, October 18, 2007

UPDATES

As you most of you know, a lot is going on right now. For some time Marie has suffered from some tremors and we are now at Children's Hospital in Denver to determine the cause. On Tuesday we were admitted, she had x-rays, and then yesterday some more testing. At first the suspected a tumor in her chest (via Xray films) and her tremors were "textbook" for a particular kind of cancer, neuro-blastoma (be aware my spelling sucks, so please bear with me). The cat-scan last night did not find a tumor in her chest, so this is good news. However, we still don't know what's causing her tremors and the MRI showed "something unusual" so we will now be pursuing that. Marie did great with the tests, the put her under but when waking up they let her nurse and she smiled with us not long afterwards.
She's being such a trooper, really just rolling with the flow, playing and sleeping like a normal girl. It's amazing how resilient babies actually are.
I've just found out the will be moving us off the cancer floor later today, so we will be on a different floor in the hospital by this evening. The neurologists will be performing a lot more tests, and so far no one's said anything about discharging us so I'm guessing we'll be here a few more days.
In summation: Marie is good, she gets to have some baby food today (she hasn't the last two days). She's napping well and playing and generally doing pretty well with everything.
Luke and I are a little tired, a little overwhelmed, but we're coping. We're lucky to have each other.
Josie is with her Grandma Judy in Greeley and Judy's been bringing her down to be with us during the day. Josie is doing good, I think she's a little confused by all this and she's missing mom and dad at night. She's a tough cookie though. She wants to see her sister better and understands that this is necessary. To be honest, I'm worried more about Jo than Marie right now just because shes not with me all the time. Rest assured that the separation is harder on her Mama than her. Grandma Judy's been giving her chocolate, watching movies, and taking wonderful care of her. I just am not used to not being with Jo all the time.
I'll keep posting updates here rather than emailing so check back often. Love to you all and thank you so much for your prayers. We are blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. We also have a laptop here, so if you want you can always get me by email.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shan!! I am so sorry you all have to go through this. Please, please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for your family. I am here for you and you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I love you!!
Jesse and Dave

Susie said...

We're all hoping for the best, and keeping you in our prayers! I'll check back often for updates.

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you and your family! Prayers....
Love, Shannon, Carrie,and the girls!

Anonymous said...

Although, I am far away and I am praying for you all. I am glad cancer and epilepsy have been ruled out. It sounds like there is a great team caring for her. My best to you all, hang in there! Love ya!