Friday, January 14, 2011

Fingerprint Friday... Seven years...

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God...


To join check out Beki at The Rusted Chain!

My fingerprint this week...

Seven years ago.  So young, ready to have a baby.  Luke and I signed a marriage license in that tiny apartment in a college town.  His giving in to me, wanting to be married somehow before the baby came.  Holding hands, the future totally unknown.

I look back now at that younger girl and I want to protect her.  To hold her tight, to try to shield her from the world to come.  But I can't, and it wouldn't be for the best.  I think the best things in me were learned during my trials and that girl is young.  I like the woman she's become. 

And I like the man that he's become.  The safe place, strong arms.  Calloused hands that have held our babies; hands that gently touched a cheek, telling one baby goodbye.  Hands that have folded in prayer more times than I can count.  The wrinkles on his face tell the story of the years we've been through and the gray in his hair shows the weight's his shoulders have carried.

I cannot believe it's seven years and at the same time it sounds so little.  I've lived a lifetime by his side already...

God has blessed me with a wonderful partner to walk with.  After all we've been through I can say completely that I would choose no other.  Whatever may come, how difficult it may be, with you I can make it.  Seven years...  I love you more now, stronger now, fiercer now...  You are His fingerprint.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Praying you have many more blessed, peace filled years together!

Holly said...

:)