Friday, August 26, 2011

Fingerprint Friday...

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of god
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of god

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them?  Visit Beki at The Rusted Chain to join in!

My Fingerprint happened this morning.  In the busy of getting Josie off to school and setting up Sarah's big girl toddler bed for her birthday Luke was putting the crib back together.  Taking off the rail making it a toddler bed and putting on the rail making it a baby bed.  He raised the mattress and stepped back calling me to come and see the finished work.

As I waddled down the hallway to him big with what is most likely our last baby the look on his face was my gift.  The smile and the look in his eyes as he watched me walking to him carrying his baby that he'd just put the crib together for is one I want to remember forever.  Because I know by that look how much I am loved even if my farmer struggles with the words.  His eyes tell me....  and God's fingerprint is all over that.

Seven years, four little girls, joy and sorrow, a life built together and so much still ahead of us.  Everyday in my prayers I thank God for Luke...

Photobucket

3 comments:

Alicia said...

That is so sweet. I love when husband's have that look in their eye. So happy for your joy and sorry for your sorrow. Praying for a healthy baby girl in a few weeks.

Katie of Cabbage Ranch said...

Alicia is right, it's incredibly sweet. I'm so glad you two found each other!

Elisa said...

Precious post!