Friday, September 23, 2011

38 weeks...

I have been terrible about writing lately.  I am 38 weeks, halfway to 39.  It is amazing to think that soon there will be another baby in this house, soon our family will change again.  This change will be good. 

It has been a hard road.  My emotions have ruled me and I have grieved through this pregnancy even while I have rejoiced.  And soon she'll be here.  I can't wait to meet her.  I am so excited to see what God has in store for this little girl, what she'll look like, how she'll fit in with her sisters.

Luke is back in the field sowing wheat after a weeks break from the rain.  We are hopeful that he can get all the acres in and some spraying done before our new girl arrives.  I don't think we'll get the millet picked up before she gets here though.

Josie and Sarah fought a tummy bug last week.  This week it is some strange cold with a yucky cough.  I hope all of this clears up soon.

We're just busy with day to day.  Busy and excited waiting for our baby.  Laundry, cleaning, making meals, running after little ladies, it all seems to occupy my time so much more these days.  I am blessed by the busy, blessed by the work.  And always, Marie is in our hearts and on our minds.  She would have loved these cooler days... 


This is how God spoke to me this week...  The Resurrection Body...  




But someone may ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?" How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.  All flesh is not the same: Men have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor. So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...
1 Corinthians 15:35-42 NIV




Photobucket

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

praying for you and that new baby girl... that all goes well for you both!