Monday, July 06, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


I did not utter the words "If you go check on Marie you can have the last Oreo" in the last week. And I would never have said it more than once.

I would never admit to the fact that we are still doing ponytails, calling the messy kind a hair style, just to cover up the fact that Josie and I have not brushed our hair yet.

I'm not crazy excited that I get a pedicure this week (mostly because I know Annie will rub lotion on my calves), or that my one in a million babysitter got time off of coop at the beginning of wheat harvest to watch the girls for me. Did I mention that girl is one in a million and I love her like a pregnant woman loves cake?

I'm not excited for harvest. I am not a typical farmers wife and am certainly not adopting that "let's get it done before it's hailed out" attitude. I am a positive thinker, I never get stressed, I'm not sick of waiting on the wheat at all. I love wheat, go buy some. Seriously.

I am not biased and think that my daughters and my god-daughter N (their cousin) might be the cutest things on earth. Spending an awesome weekend with them did not help me decide that.

I'm not considering asking Luke's cousin H to fly up to Wyoming again just so we can stockpile more illegal fireworks to light them off for Marie whenever she likes. Actually, I might be. Marie loves fireworks just that much (and I would really go to that extent just to please my miracle girl).

Finally, I did not sort of wish we had some Easter candy left because something marshmallow covered in a little something chocolate sounds really good right now....


<span class=

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I bribe my 8 year old all the time to watch his brother--usually so I can grab a bath after a workout or a night sleeping with the 3 year old (okay, he sleeps, I don't). I enjoyed your Not Me's, cried over Marie's miraculous progress, and smiled to see the verse we read when Connor was dedicated (Psalms 139)

kirstd said...

way to cure the craving for marshmallow covered in choc. A microwaved smore (or if you have a gas stove roast the marshmallow there) I know its not as much fun as when camping but that's what I've been doing since we got back cause I didn't get my fill then, and the other day when I ran out of hershey bars finnally I just used choc chips, not as good but it worked LOL