Friday, November 27, 2009

Beautiful words...

Beautiful words I stumbled upon and brought comfort today.  I like the poems but I have to say, I believe that God doesn't let Marie see how we're hurting now.  I think she's sleeping peacefully waiting for us to join her and when we're there she won't realize that there's been a moment we were apart...


My Mom is a Survivor


My Mom is a survivor,

or so I've heard it said.

But I can hear her crying at night

when all others are in bed.



I watch her lay awake at night

and go to hold her hand.

She doesn't know I'm with her

to help her understand.



But like the sands on the beach

that never wash away ...

I watch over my surviving Mom

who thinks of me each day.



She wears a smile for others ...

a smile of disguise!

But through Heaven's door

I see tears flowing from her eyes.



My Mom tries to cope with death;

To keep my memory alive.

But anyone who knows her knows

it is her way to survive.



As I watch over my surviving Mom

through Heaven's open door ...

I try to tell her that angels

protect me forevermore!



I know that doesn't help her,

or ease the burden she bears.

So, if you get a chance, go visit her.

Show her that you care.



For no matter what she says ...

no matter what she feels.

My surviving Mom has a broken heart

that time won't ever heal.



~Author~

Copyright 2001 Kaye Des'Ormeaux

My Dad is a Survivor

My dad is a survivor too...
which is no surprise to me.
He's always been like a lighthouse
that helps you cross a stormy sea.

But, I walk with my dad each day
to lift him when he's down.
I wipe the tears he hides from others.
He cries when no-one's around.

I watch him sit up late at night
with my picture in his hand.
He cries as he tries to grieve alone,
and wishes he could understand.

My dad is like a tower of strength.
He's the greatest of them all~!
But there are times when he needs to cry...
Please be there when he falls.

Hold his hand or pat his shoulder...
And tell him it's okay.
Be his strength when he's sad
Help him mourn in his own way.

Now, as I watch over my precious dad
from the Heavens up above...
I'm so proud that he's a survivor...
And, I can still feel his love~!

~Kaye Des'Ormeaux
October 16, 1998
Dedicated to the dads who have lost a child.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Valerie said...

amazing words...what is there left to say? except we are here to help in this process of pain...in whatever way possible.