Monday, January 28, 2008

Help

Luke and I had mentioned that I would post this here. I don't want to detract from Josie's birthday post below (so please read that!) but we have hit a point where we have to accept that life has changed and we can no-longer pretend to be completely normal.

Marie is progressing, she is having a lot of pain now and we're working with the doctors to correct that (to read up on specifically what's new with Marie please go to the CaringBridge site). That said, I spend almost all my time holding her and on bad days that's all I do. I am struggling to find time to clean and make dinner and so I'm asking for help. This is difficult since I have the fault of being a little proud, and also, those who know me well can attest, I am a complete control freak. Ask Luke about it, he'll be glad to share stories on how crazy I can be.

Anyway, I know that there are a lot of you who have offered to help, and I'm always at a loss for what to say when asked. I am listing things here, please don't feel pressured to do anything, but if you'd like to help, this is what we need:

*casseroles for the freezer (on bad days this will help me so much!)

*someone willing to come play with the girls a few hours (on call) so that I can clean the house (this is on hold until Luke finishes the bathroom, I'm on a cleaning strike until then)

*when Luke starts farming again someone to take Josie to ballet at the Peereless at 4pm on Monday afternoons.

I'll probably have to add to this as time goes on, taking care of Marie takes up a lot of time and I know in the future it will only take more. I try to spend my free time with Josie, so I'm a little strapped.

Thank you so much to everyone who's helped us out so far, and to those who have offered (sorry I'm always at a loss when you ask me in person!)!
Much Love- Shan

No comments: