Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sick and tired...

Marie was up practically all night last night. This is the third night in a row like that. She can't seem to get comfortable. She tosses, turns, and cries out. I roll back and forth from side to side nursing her, doing nothing more than dozing all night long. I just am not getting any rest, and it's easy to get down when you're tired.

Luke and Josie went to church without Marie and I this morning. It's something I'm beginning to get used to, staying behind with Marie. There are days when I'm rocked by how much our lives have changed. I worry about bringing Marie out, I worry about where sick people are lurking, like zombies. I worry about every cough and sniffle and cranky mood in both my girls. I worry too much.

Gone are the days of going out to dinner with the kids, even going to the cry room at the movies is a worry. Who could have been there last? Did they have colds?

Also, we don't go outside for walks much. It's best to keep Marie out of the cold and wind, and well, that's what it's like outside since it's January. Cold and windy. So we stay in, and we try to make the best of it. I can't help but feel jealous of the people who just do whatever, and bring their kids along. We can't even get a sitter as Marie is so terrified of strangers, and she refuses a bottle still. I know it's not productive, jealousy is an ugly feeling. I really try not to go there if I can help it...

All of this I wouldn't trade though. I wouldn't trade anything for Marie... sometimes I am just hung up on how our life used to be. How hard everything seems now. Still, she's napping on my chest and very warm and snuggley. I have to be content with just that, and mostly that's enough.

I think I'm writing today to get these negative thoughts away....

"Sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Everything around you's growin' old.
The days drag on, the nights last forever,
Every day's tougher just to keep it together.
Forget everything you've ever known,
Except for home."
Cross Canadian Ragweed, Sick & Tired.

No comments: