Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Names...

I'm fascinated with them. When I was pregnant, my favorite thing was picking out the girls names. Each one was so thought out. I'm also fascinated by what names mean...

Josephine: Hebrew origin, meaning "He will enlarge".
Ann: Hebrew origin, meaning "Grace; favour".

Marie: Hebrew origin, form of Mary. Meaning "Wished for child; rebellion; bitter"
Isabel: Hebrew origin, meaning "My God is a vow".

We did not intentionally choose names of Hebrew origin for the girls, but it ended up that all the names started there. I think their names definitely fit them.

4 comments:

Violet said...

God gave me dreams of the little girl I will have one day, starting when I was 10. At 15 I started praying for her. At 16 he whispered her name in my heart...Lydia Christine. Lydia means hospitality. She is the woman who met Jesus at the well. She then went home and declared "as for me and my house, we will serve the lord". She opened her home to travelers. I was so amazed because shortly before this I had said I wanted this picture for my own home someday, the opposite of what I grew up in. I know God has big plans for that little girl. I love her name. I can't wait to meet her. Christine means "follower of Christ" .

Michaelene said...

I believe you guys are packing up and heading out tomorrow. I just wanted to pop by and let you know that I'm thinking about y'all. I hope all goes super easy with Marie and that Josie's checkup is clean.
Much love and Many Prayers, God Speed.
Michaelene

Michaelene said...

Shannon thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet thoughts. And you got it -- the Prayer bandwagon is well on its way! I'll look forward to updates when you have the opportunity, I know it will be a busy time for you.
I am so honored to call you a "friend".
Hugs, much love and Many Prayers to get you there and back, safely.
Michaelene

Milk Mama said...

Wow! God really picked out your daughters' names... they are just perfect!