Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Photobucket


So, Luke is back out in the field today. All the rain/snow and then nice warm sun means he's fighting weeds... the thing that sucks about when he's spraying is that he doesn't come home for lunch with us, so it's just me and the girls all day. That does sound a little spoiled doesn't it? I'm so used to him coming home for lunch that we miss him when he doesn't:)

Marie had her EEG yesterday, I posted about it on the CaringBridge site. I've got mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I feel like it was a waste of time. She had no seizures during the test, so I feel like we drug her to Denver for no reason, and the meeting we had with the neurologist basically was something I could have done in a phone call. Blegh. On the other hand, she didn't have any seizures all morning, which is a good thing. The neuro said her brain waves are "nearly normal". Yeah, and shes "almost a decent doctor". Almost. Did I mention I don't care for our Neuro? We switched as of yesterday, it's official. Don't let the door hit you on the way out :)

Our new neurologist was good when we were inpatient way back in the day, back in October when life was still relatively calm, I didn't cry daily, and I didn't understand the full scope of the impact that this would have on our life. I was so naive. Anyway, he's cool. He's efficient, seems to be pro-active, and he does outpatient about 40 miles from here, so hopefully NO MORE DENVER!

I so want to be done with Denver and Children's Hospital and all of it. I have complete confidence in our doctors here and I feel good about them taking care of Marie. That and we have hospice, and our hospice nurse is a gem. She is really one among a million and I am so glad we have her.

Other than Luke spraying not a lot going on here, I have laundry to do. It is the bane of my existence. Someday when I grow up and am rich I will hire someone to do all my laundry. Not the cleaning, because they wouldn't do it the way I want it done, but definitely the laundry.

Also, I will be monitoring Marie, who is running a low grade fever. We are praying that this is nothing, but with her it's hard not to worry about the tiniest things. Please pray that this is just her top teeth trying to break through and nothing more serious. I can tell that its affecting her a little, she's already had at least 5 seizures this morning, so hopefully its nothing and it passes quickly.

I'll keep everyone updated! Much love- Shan

3 comments:

Mwaters said...

I think both of you are pretty tough chicks and incredibly brave ladies. I am so inspired by you!! I hope to be able to meet you both and your families soon. Please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of Love to all of you,
Maria

Shan said...

Thank you Maria! I hope we get to meet up too:) Still enjoying the tastey-cakes!

Anonymous said...

You have a such a precious child from God...I will be praying for her and also be asking for God to continue to give you and your family strength and peace of heart!!!!!! Psalms 4