Monday, February 09, 2009

Changes...

Recently I haven't posted a lot about how we're doing. The honest truth is, we're doing pretty good. There is just a lot going on these days.

Last week Marie came down with a cold about Tuesday, and so we've been fighting that. She's doing pretty well, just stuffy with a bit of a cough and not sleeping the greatest. She's doing pretty well coughing, and her lungs were good at the last check so we're praying this one just passes quickly. In other much happier news, Marie's occupational therapist is just amazed by her progress. She's holding her head at mid line better (she cannot hold her head up, but she is better controlling where it goes). She is also vocalizing more, and more mobile overall. Is she a miracle or what? We feel so blessed that God has given us the gift of her stability, the time to enjoy everything that she is, and the answered prayers. She is just a different child than she was one year ago, and right now she's doing better than I could have ever hoped for. We feel so humbled by the Grace of an amazing God.

Josie is a fireball. Still doing gymnastics, loving preschool and really into writing little messages to her Dad and I. At the moment I think I have about 4 "Dear Mom/Dad, this is for you. Love, Josie" notes taped to the fridge. It's pretty funny. Her new thing is also to pretend she knows sign language and she's constantly teaching us new signs for things. The level of difficulty is upped on this because the sign for one thing is constantly changing based on her mood so I'm almost always confused.

We've been busy looking at making some big changes in our lives. The most noticeable change is that we're really looking at moving to a larger house. Our dream is to build in the country, on the farm, but at the moment it's looking like moving up to a larger house in town is more realistic. We've been looking at some, and are excited about at least one option so big changes could be taking place there! Of course, we'd also be putting our current home on the market and that's a little daunting. It will be our first time selling a house, but luckily we've got a good Realtor so the challenge is not overwhelming.

The second change is really the reason for the move. As it will soon be clearly evident we have had a surprise blessing and will be welcoming baby #3 around the 18 of August. This news was something that Luke and I were not really expecting, but we're feeling blessed and know that God is in control and all things happen for a reason. We are trying not to worry too much, and just enjoy this time and anticipating our coming addition. Trying to leave all the worry for God's hands, and focus on all the positive things. We ask that you join us in praying for the health of this little blessing.

So, that's our news in a nutshell. We've been busy, and it's looking like it will only get busier around here. We're happy though, for the most part healthy, and just taking it all in stride. I'm feeling good, just a little sleep deprived, and we're excited for the changes in our future. Its a little different thinking in terms of "future" as we've been so wrapped up in living only for the moment for a long time. I think that God must laugh at me all the time, and I look forward to someday going over the book of my life with Jesus and asking "Did you really mean to throw me a curve ball here?" Of course He will probably laugh and answer "yes".

In other news, Abigail got to go home over the weekend but isn't doing that well really. Her family is waiting for news of when her g-tube surgery will be scheduled. If you like, please head over to Abigail's website and leave her family some words of support. Let them know you're praying as they walk this difficult stretch of road.

Thank you all for your prayers and continuing to see what's going with our family. When I started this blog I had no idea what a source of support it would one day become. Thank you all for being wonderful friends.


post signature

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Shannon! just getting caught up on your blog. Thank you so much for getting the word out about Abigail.. we need all the prayers we can get!

Congrats on baby #3! ;) I will be praying that all goes well and that baby is healthy!

Praying for Marie! hope she kicks that vold real quick!

thanks for being such a wonderful friend! God bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

cold* :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations Shan!! I am so happy for all of your news but especially baby #3 because August 18th is my birthday and I would LOVE to share it with your precious little one! I am so happy that Marie is doing so great as well, she sounds like an amazing kid. Josie is five, wow, I still remember being at the hospital with you the day she was born--so special and it seems like yesterday. I love you all and congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all. Sounds like life is well right now, we think about you often.

Violet said...

OH Shan, congrats on this new suprise blessing! I will be praying for a safe, healthy pregnancy/delivery/baby and that Marie will maintain her stability and improvements, that you will get to the blessing to see her be a big sister, and what a GREAT big sister she will be! I will also be praying for smooth sailing with deciding to move, and if so, selling of your house and finding the perfect match for your family.

Violet said...

OH Shan, congrats on this new suprise blessing! I will be praying for a safe, healthy pregnancy/delivery/baby and that Marie will maintain her stability and improvements, that you will get to the blessing to see her be a big sister, and what a GREAT big sister she will be! I will also be praying for smooth sailing with deciding to move, and if so, selling of your house and finding the perfect match for your family.

Tiffany said...

CONGRATS on #3!!! YEA!! That is very exciting and definately a good reason for a bigger house! :)
Josie sounds just like Kaylie, always writing something!
I am so glad to hear Marie is doing so well, hopefully she will get over her cold SOON!!!

Hugs and Prayers for all!!!
Tiffany

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! Shannon, congrats to you all for the soon to be addition. I know Marie and Josie will enjoy another playmate. I will continue to pray for health for you all and rest for you as I know you will need it!! I am thrilled that God has been working miracles and that Marie is doing so well. I almost started to cry when I read your news about the baby, amazing our God is!!! I hope the house hunting goes well and the selling too! I'll be looking forward to reading more updates!! I'll continue to think of you all!!!

Michaelene said...

My incredibly sweet, beautiful, wonderful friend - words fail me at such fantastic news (other than the cold - BOOOO on colds!) - I am completely thrilled for such blessings.
I know I've been trying to get up there to see you for months now - I will wait for flu season to pass (just in case) and then I'm coming. I don't care if I have to drive the entire way - I have a DVD player in the yukon for the kiddies anyway =). I love you all and I am unbelievably grateful for such wonderful news about Marie - I've said since the minute I "met" you that she was the most amazing child...and you, the bestest Mama!
Still keeping Abigail in prayer ...
Love, blessings & prayers ;)

DESJ and Company said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
How exciting...I'm envious :)

Anonymous said...

hi,
this is your faithful reader from Israel. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! what a great new journey to embark upon!

-Anna

RC said...

yeah!!! Glad you are still doing well:)

I think about you all of the time and of course wish you only the best.

I love this song by the way.

Take care of little #3

Love you all!

Susie said...

congratulations! You're right, God knows what's best for us. He's got a plan to make us happy, if we'll let him put it into action. So many times we think we know better than He does, and fight him.
How exciting to be looking for a new house and have a new little one on the way! And especially that Marie is doing so well!

Holly said...

Yeah, so baby #3!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I want to jump through the computer and kiss you on the forehead! :) I am really happy for you guys and I am praying for all of you! :)