Monday, February 02, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday and prayer request

***The most important part of my post is at the very bottom, please read all the way down!***

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


I did not eat Josie's birthday chocolates. Well, not all of them. Only all the Three Musketeers and even those I shared with Marie.

I have not been bragging to anyone will listen that my Marie can drink from a cup. She can, she dribbles, but she swallows and does not choke. She rocks.

I'm not still a little emotional that my baby Jo is 5. Or that my miracle Marie is going to be TWO in less than a month. Nope, not even a little bit.

I am not *still* stroller shopping. I would not obsess about the perfect stroller for weeks at a time. I do not drool over features. I am not slowly becoming a stroller snob.


I'm not secretly excited about summer. I did not already look over summer clothes and try sundresses on Marie today. Besides, even if I did that I needed to know if they'd fit her or not didn't I.

I'm not overjoyed that we are finally going to do something about our back porch. We're re-doin' it ya'll. I'm so sick of looking at rotting particle board. I am so excited at the idea of something different. I've also blown our cover, it looks nice from outside, but inside it's all particle board. Circa 1970-something. Niiice.

__________________________________________________________________

Now, to a more serious topic. I am asking that everyone pray, pray, pray for our dear friend, Sweet Abigail. She is having a really hard time and is likely going to be admitted to Seattle Children's Hospital for evaluation of an emergency g-tube and nissan surgery. She is so similar to Marie, from how they are affected by Mitochondrial Disease to their angry face they are little twin souls. Her family is hurting, and her parents are frightened. She has been unable to keep anything down for days and her parents were told that she would not survive until her scheduled g-tube surgery in April if she keeps this up.

Lord please, bring peace to Abigail's family. Help them find comfort in Your grace, find peace with Your will, and find strength to care for their baby girl as she faces yet another hurdle. Please hold sweet Abigail in Your arms, please let them know of how much You love her. Please bring them all comfort and rest in this terrifying time. In Jesus name, Amen.

I'll keep you all updated about this sweet girl, I just cannot stop thinking about them. We've walked where they walk and I will be completely honest. The world seems dark, you are uncertain, you pray for wisdom and are pulled in so many directions it is hard to feel and see God at work a times. It is a frightening place that few can understand and it makes you feel alone and helpless as you watch your child suffer. Please join me in prayer, maybe they can feel it all the way over in Washington state!


post signature

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Joining you in prayer for Abigail!

Michaelene said...

Firstly, I can't believe that Josie is 5! And, WOO-HOO for Marie drinking out of a cup (precious little miracle from God, isn't she?). Marie is, quite simply, the most amazing & strong & beautiful little girl. And Josie, well, are there enough words to express her wonder?!!
Secondly, lastly & very importantly; praying with you for sweet little Abigail. Gods Will be done, it will - she'll get whatever she needs to make her precious life more comfortable. My thoughts and prayers are flowing in abundance.