Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Too fast...

Time has been flying by so incredibly quickly lately.  I feel like I am constantly running, not able to catch up.  School is starting soon, Sarah is turning one soon... Soon Rie will have been gone for far longer than I want to accept and the feeling makes me sick to my stomach.

In the last year I have learned one thing.  I cannot stop time.  Apparently my super hero powers only do so much.  I have limitations.

We are going to get out of town this week, a few quick days away before I have to give Josie back to the rest of the world.  It will be good for us to get away, to be together as a family.  At the same time, scary.  I'm still not good at leaving home.  I am used to being here, I have been here, for the last few years this house was my world and I didn't' venture far away very often.  I get anxious at leaving but know it will be good to push myself...

Tonight is Josie's gymnastics recital.  Last year we sat with Rie and cheered for her.  Marie wore Daddy's ball cap and made us laugh with her silly grin.  She thought the applause was for her. 

Tonight we'll sit with Sarah, Sarah will also think the applause is all for her.  Tonight I will miss holding Marie in my arms just like I do about every five minuets... but I'll love seeing Josie perform.  Josie is a shining star and I am going to watch her glow.

Photobucket

1 comment:

clarissa said...

my home is my world too... i am scared of the thought of venturing too far, or of even moving to another "home".

time IS going by way too fast... and i can't imagine how you're feeling without Marie. so hard to understand grief and the sorrow of this world. so thankful Jesus made a way for us to join Him and our loved ones again! this earthly journey is but a second compared to eternity. once we get to Heaven, none of this will matter anymore... we will forget the waiting, the missing, the sadness, and pain... Heaven will not come too soon! so, let time fly! ;o)

love and hugs to you all! praying always...