Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life in pictures...

Our cookie house...

The pumpkin patch last Saturday... it was fun but bittersweet.  We enjoyed ourselves yet missed Marie at the same time.  We did get her a pumpkin though, Josie decorated it just so and we brought it out to her site on Sunday.  It is hard to do things, we still think to ourselves "Marie would have loved that so", "Marie would have liked this too", "Marie would have hated it here".  Still it was a beautiful day, and as Josie said "Marie would have loved this".


Sarah getting so big... The pumpkin was huge though!


Josie is such an amazing big sister, first with Marie and now with Sarah.  She has wanted to play with dolls but enjoys being a bit of a little mother to Sarah, it is nice to see.


Our girls pumpkins...

Marie last October.  I could stare at her beautiful face for hours...





Photobucket

8 comments:

2awesomekidz said...

Love the pics! Great to see Josie's smile! Sarah is getting so big and such a mix between Josie and Marie as far as looks! Marie, look how peaceful she looks, total angel!

Matt said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Sarah is getting so big, probably at the age where the personality is starting to develop more every day. I love the photo of Josie being the little mama.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I love pumpkin patch pictures, and yours are great! I love the name pumpkins. That picture of Marie is one that I will never forget. Every time you post it I remember seeing it before. She was beautiful.

Come visit my blog, I gave you an award on it!

The VW's said...

I love going to the pumpkin patch!

I can only imagine how each thing that you do without Marie, makes you long for her to be there! That picture of her is breathtaking! I could stare at her picture for hours too!

Josie looks like she's growing like a weed! She must be very tall for her age?!

Thinking and praying for you! HUGS!!!

kirstd said...

that is the greatest cookie house ever!! Holy cow how much did that pumpkin weigh! Big Hugs kiddo

kirstd said...

that is the greatest cookie house ever!! Holy cow how much did that pumpkin weigh! Big Hugs kiddo

Cory said...

I have been reading your blg since a friend told me about Marie. Each day I look to see if you updated. I understand all the frustrations, fears, tears. I experience them each day with my son who has a new type of Leukodystrophy and a Mitochondrial disease too. Your daughter Josie reminds me of my daughter Maddy who is my Robby's big sister. You are an awesome mom and I think of you and your family often even though we don't know each other.
Cory
Mom to Maddy and Robby

Val said...

How fun to see you and your family enjoy the pumpkin patch! Josie and Sarah look great together! Have fun next week trick-or-treating! I am sure this is difficult..."first" everythings. Time will heal your wounds....always in our prayers...

Valerie