Saturday, October 17, 2009

Something powerful...

Yesterday I missed Marie terribly... I missed her smell, making her breakfast, her open mouthed smiles, her weight in my arms.  I watched the hours until I could pick Josie up from school and soak up her joy.  On my way to get her I was sent a song on the radio...  I'm posting the lyrics here, if you would like a powerful experience click on the link to hear it sung.  This song could have been written for my Rie, if only it said blue eyes instead of brown.  Her weight in my arms I miss so much, hearing her breathing change as she drifted off to dream each night (because of course I held her to sleep, I could not make myself put her down).  Right down to the maple syrup kisses after cream of wheat in the morning (because Daddy made it that way and she loved it), this is my Marie...

Heaven Is The Face of A Little Girl, Steven Curtis Chapman


Heaven is the face of a little girl
With dark brown eyes
That disappear when she smiles.
Heaven is the place
Where she calls my name
Says, “Daddy please come play with me for awhile.”

Chorus:

God, I know, it’s all of this and so much more,
But God, You know, that this is what I’m aching for.
God, you know, I just can’t see beyond the door.
So right now...

Heaven is the sound of her breathing deep,
Lying on my chest, falling fast asleep while I sing.
And Heaven is the weight of her in my arms,
Being there to keep her safe from harm while she dreams

And God, I know, it’s all of this and so much more,
But God, You know, that this is what I’m longing for
God, you know, I just can’t see beyond the door.

Bridge:

But in my mind’s eye I can see a place
Where Your glory fills every empty space.
All the cancer is gone,
Every mouth is fed,
And there’s no one left in the orphans’ bed.
Every lonely heart finds their one true love,
And there’s no more goodbye,
And no more not enough,
And there’s no more enemy (no more).

Heaven is a sweet, maple syrup kiss
And a thousand other little things I miss with her gone.
Heaven is the place where she takes my hand
And leads me to You,
And we both run into Your arms.

Oh God, I know, it’s so much more than I can dream.
It’s far beyond anything I can conceive.
So God, You know, I’m trusting You until I see
Heaven in the face of my little girl,
Heaven in the face of my little girl.

Photobucket

4 comments:

The VW's said...

WOW! That song is very powerful and fitting for you!

Thank You God for sending this song to my sweet friend!

Thinking of you and praying for you often! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

It was like prayer for you. Amazing. Have fun with Sarah and Josie in their preparation for Halloween. So many activities and fun food you can make. Being a room mom is so much fun too! You ae respected by so many....thank you for your words. We are hear to help you....

Valerie

Val said...

oops...meant ARE and HERE....I get so into writing what I am thinking...that I forget grammar!

Valerie

2awesomekidz said...

Awesome Shan! What a wonderful gift sent from that sweet girl!
Love to all!
Tami