Monday, October 05, 2009

Part of Me...

Part of Me...
I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new.

I thought about you yesterday and the day before that too.
I think of you in silence. I often say your name.

But all I have are memories and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake, with which I'll never part.
God has you in His keeping. I have you in my heart.
I shed tears for what might have been. A million times I've cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly. In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place, no one can ever fill.
It broke my heart to lose you, but you didn't go alone.
For part of me went with you, the day God took you home.
-Author unknown
Photobucket

6 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful.
Sending prayers of healing your way! :)

2awesomekidz said...

This is great. Working on my blog yesterday, adding a photo of Landon on the side. I sat and cried for I miss him soo much. The days go by, even a whole year and to look back at those pics, it feels like a whole life time ago. So surreal.....still.
He always know when to let me know he is near.... I saw 4 hawks on my way home today! I am sure he and Marie are playing games!
Love you!
Tami

Tamara said...

Thinking of you today Shan. Praying always for your heart.

Lori said...

I agree. Megan was part of me. I can physically feel that empty place inside right now. Thank you for posting this poem.

The VW's said...

I'm sure that this poem says a lot about your emotions these days. I'm so sorry that you are having to feel this way! I'm praying for you sweet friend! Love, Hugs and Prayers!

Sarah said...

Beautiful.
I think of you and your family often.