Friday, October 16, 2009

Two years ago today...

Two years ago today we were terrified... We were checked into Chilren's Hospital via the emergency room.  When we arrived from an outpatient clinic we bypassed the waiting room.  I remember walking through with a tiny, starving, tired six month old Marie... walking by sick children, bleeding children, crying children... I was terrified that we bypassed waiting, that whatever my baby had meant that we had priority over these other children who obviously also had a need to be seen...

Marie was mid-diagnosed at first.  They told us she had cancer.  The oncologists even talked surgery and chemo... they told us that having caught it so early her prognosis would likely be very good... that made the diagnosis of Leigh's Disease even harder to bear.


Today I take comfort in my God's promises, and that her suffering is over...  I just miss those smiles...


"And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise"



I Will Rise, Chris Tomlin 

 





Photobucket

1 comment:

2awesomekidz said...

I miss that sweet girl too. I miss seeing the sweet pics you would post. I am so very blessed to have run my hands across her face in May! That I will never forget! Her cheeks so soft and skin so fair!
Thinking of you always!
And Yes we are the coolest mamas ever and Coffee and tears together at TCH would have been nice 2 years ago!
Tami