Wednesday, April 08, 2009

New plan

Our wonderful hospice nurse came to check Marie this afternoon and we developed a new plan to deal with this incessant cough and the inability to rest that comes with it. We are going to do pediatric Zyrtec and a nebulizer treatment 4 times a day that should help to dry her up. She's not congested and her lungs are clear so we just need to manage this wicked post nasal drip.

I am feeling stronger, I was exhausted and near my breaking point this morning. Firstly, everyone's wonderful words helped a ton, and my bestest best friend Sarah reminded me that there is a world outside my house. Thanks again for the gossip, it made me feel normal again! I wish you lived next door instead of across the state!

So, new plan tonight and I'm feeling hopeful we'll get results. Now I'm off to pull laundry out of the dryer and throw together some tuna melts (nothing but the best here at our house, it's gourmet people!). I'm feeling hope for tonight and worst case scenario I guess at least I have some descent stuff on the DVR to watch.

post signature

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your hospice nurse must be an angel!! :)
Hope the new meds work and get some rest tonight!

Michaelene said...

Friends are angels without wings! I'm so glad you have such a special person to bring you out of a funk =)
Hope the new plan will get rid of the tickle in Marie's throat so she'll STOP coughing - bless her heart.
Happy Holy Thursday - I'm thinking about you. Get some rest sweetheart.