Saturday, July 26, 2008

He is..

This morning I was talking to Luke about what I feel compelled to share on this blog. I often feel that the message I'm spreading is not necessarily my own, but I am just a tool. I am just a voice being used. I've prayed that the Lord use me to share Marie's story the way He would like, but also that He use me as He sees fit. I feel that there is some reason that we were chosen to be a family, Luke, Josie, Marie and I. I feel that in doing this I am fulfilling some purpose. So, back on track. I told Luke about how I was so moved by Psalms 25:1 this week. "To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul".

From there our conversation wound around, we talked about this week, how we both felt, what we struggled with and what has been good. I told Luke, when I am upset Psalms 46:10 is my mantra, I repeat it over and over to myself and it reminds me that I am not alone, that it is beyond my control, that I only need to have faith. "Be still, and know that I Am".

It is something that brings me unbelievable comfort, and yet I struggle with it. When I'm upset I am a do-er. I wash, mop, dust, fold, I am a cleaner. Faster and faster, from task to task I will buzz about, probably talking the entire time. The problem is, it's manic. I don't find any comfort in the cleaning, but I cannot be still. However, it is those times that "Be still, and know that I Am" is just what I need. I am instantly calmed, quieted. He Is, all knowing, all seeing. It is beyond my control, but completely in His.

"Be still, and know that I Am".

So, Luke and I had that conversation about how I love that verse. Then, I went to check my email. I opened up my daily devotion from Lutheran Hour Ministries and just guess what the verse was today.

Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10

Does that just bring you to your knees or what?


No comments: